HEC Media is in search of eager, hard-working interns that want to expand and apply their skills and talents to support HEC’s work in production, education, motion graphics, marketing, animation, community engagement, fundraising and development, and/or educational broadcasting. All internships require a minimum of a 10 hour/week semester-long commitment. The internship will be tailored to the interests of the student, but interns will support the HEC Staff in all aspects of station management from videography, editing, writing, promotion, and station operations. To apply, please e-mail a resume and cover letter indicating your skills and interest to Amanda Honigfort at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Currently enrolled in or recently graduated from an accredited college or university in communications, film, broadcasting, marketing, journalism, animation, motion graphics, community engagement, video production, education, creative writing, social work (grant writing & development) or a similar field
- Strong written, verbal and communication skills
- Overall web and computer confidence (uploading files, navigating the web, Microsoft Office, etc.)
- Proficient with iOS platforms and basic knowledge of Final Cut Pro or other video editing software beneficial but not required
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision to meet deadlines
- Must be dependable and team-oriented with excellent organizational skills and the ability to multitask
Duties for Interns of HEC-TV are tailored to the intern’s interest and skills but may include:
- Assist with HEC-TV pre-production and production efforts including studio and equipment bookings, shoots, appearance releases and editing
- Production work and other duties as assigned that may include tasks such as editing, graphics, magazine production, newsletter development, education curriculum development, VR or AR production, animation, grant writing & fundraising development, and more
- Assist with station marketing efforts possibly including station blog and events calendar
- Serve as Street Team for HEC-TV events
- Assist with deliveries, phone calls, and day to day station operations
We accept applications on an ongoing basis. Applications will be reviewed as soon as they are received. This internship is unpaid, though college credit is an option, and open to freshmen through graduate students and recently graduated students. Interns can frequently earn freelancing work post-internship.